How many photos can I submit?
You are allowed to enter a maximum of 2 images, which can be in the form of 2 prints, or 2 digital, or 1 print and 1 digital, your choice.
Your 2 entries can be Traditional (Color), or Monochrome, or Altered Reality. They both can be color, or both monochrome or both altered reality, or any combination of these three categories, your choice.
Image submissions can be entered in each of the 3 categories.
Black and White / Monochrome
- Must be taken by the entrant.
- Entries must be submitted on the designated date set out in the Club Calendar.
- Digital copies must be sent online via our Submissions Page in order for them to be critiqued. If a digital copy is not sent, the print image will not be critiqued.
- Prints submitted in any Saskatoon Camera Club clinic can be re-entered in any future competition of the Saskatoon Camera Club. You are even allowed to make corrections suggested during the critique night.
- All prints must be the specified size for the category unless otherwise stated.
- Popular: 8″ x 10″ print plus a mat
- Maximum: 18″ x 24″ overall (with mat)
- Minimum: 8″ x 10″ (without mat)
Label on Back
Name of Entrant
Category: Traditional (Color), Black and White, Altered Reality (Creative)
Clinic or Competition Title
Date of Clinic or Competition
Click here download a PDF of the labels
Putting your submission together
- All prints must be mounted with a stiff backing (foam core preferred) unless otherwise stated
- Matte is optional. If matted, please make sure it is taped sufficiently. No scotch tape. Masking tape or painters tape seems to work well.
- Framed work will not be accepted.
- All prints must be submitted in a sturdy cardboard folder or firm bubble pack envelope.
Digital Image Submissions
Image Preparation & Requirements
The Print and Slide/Digital Committees will interpret and apply these rules at each club competition and have the right to reject any entry not properly presented or labeled.
- Images must be submitted as JPEGs. Mac users must add .jpg or .jpeg extension.
Method of Submission
- Images can be uploaded via our Submissions Page no later than 10pm on the submission deadline date.
- Remember that only club members can submit to any club competitions.
Upload your submissions to our Submission Page
- We strongly recommend that you send us your full resolution photo.
- Images must be in the proper orientation for viewing when projected.
- Images do not have to have a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- We do not limit the file sizes when submitting
Minimum File Requirements for our Projector
- The optimal viewing area is 1280 x 800 (width x height) per image
- Vertical images have a minimum height of 800 pixels tall.
- Image submitted smaller than these resolutions will be shown at their submitted dimensions
Year-end Presentation Submissions
- Use any style for your presentation (travelogue, photo essay, multi-projector)
- Digital presentation or you can use a slide projector
- Recommended 4-6 minutes, 7 minutes max.
- Digital projector resolution: 1280 x 800 (Shows can also be viewed at 1024 x 768)
- Digital Images: 72 dpi minimum
- Narration or music recommended
Create a Photo Slideshow in PowerPoint
This is how we quickly assemble our monthly slideshow for judging and results night.
1. Open PowerPoint
2. Choose Insert > Picture >New Photo Album…
3. Enter your options into the Photo Album dialog box…
4. Click Create and then edit the order, add text, add transitions, change background….